By Katie Corbett
When considering an idea for a new venture, it might be tempting to think, “Oh, it’s been done before.” I believed that when I first started writing and coaching. After all, many other writers and career coaches ply their trade out in the world. It might seem like an oversaturation of the market to pursue those paths for myself. Once I got started, however, I realized that I would bring something different to my writing and career coaching that no other writer or career coach could deliver.
In her book, “Girl, Stop Apologizing”, Rachel Hollis notes that it shouldn’t matter if an idea has already been done before. Are you considering a career in a market which many feel is oversaturated? Here are some questions you can use to freshen up an idea with your unique spin:
- What do I bring to the table that is unique?
- Why do I want to pursue this idea and how can I make my reason part of what I do differently?
- How could I improve upon an existing concept?
- When I look at the industry as a whole, what do I wish was done differently?
- When I hear others talking about the industry, what do they say they wish was different?
- What do a lot of people complain about that I might fix?
Consider these questions and see what comes to mind about how you could breathe life into an idea. Whether you want to be a beauty consultant, a realtor, a financial advisor, or do something else, it is guaranteed that you will be able to do it differently from others out there.
Want to get this info sent right to your in-box? Subscribe to my blog, so you’ll never miss a post.